Pussy bow and dots

elegant, pussy bow blouse, polka dots, 1940s, skirt, T strap shoes
 
Pussy bow blouse is my favourite type of blouse. It´s main feature is a neck tie that is tied in a bow. I consider this style very elegant and cute at the same time. This blouse was my first attempt to sew this look, as you might have read in my past post, I made for the occasion of the celebrations of the end of the WW2. 
 
The bows were worn by women in the past eras already but the term was coined in the 1930s and became a trend during the 1940s. Among the famous designers who liked to design attire with the pussy bows belonged Coco Chanel or Yves Saint Laurent. The fashion was revived in 1980s by the Brittish first female Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, who liked to wear this style and who was also the pioneer of so called power dressing.
 
pussy bow blouse, elegant, 1940s, T strap shoe
 
 


Comments

  1. love the look x www.sistersandsisters.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all for your lovely comments <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these looks! They're so vintage and gorgeous and i love the neck bow too!

    ManeUntame

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input, I will get back to you as soon as possible! :3