Liebster Blog Award

I would like to thank the author of The Dollhouse Diaries blog for nominating my blog.
Chtěla bych poděkovat autorce blogu The Dollhouse Diaries za nominaci mého blogu.
 
liebster blog award, meme, blog, blogger, fashion, history, love, pink, heart
 

The Rules

1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the same 11 questions your nominator answered above.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Pick 11 nominees to answer your 11 questions.
5. You can’t nominate the person who nominated you!
6. Tell your 11 nominees you have nominated them.

The Questions

1. What made you want to start blogging?
I started my first blog looong looong time ago at the domain blog.cz, I do not actually remember what drove me to do that. It was not a teen girl diary blog, it was a blog about things I liked so it was very picture heavy (no one knew what intellectual property was back then). I maintained it for several years, which meant it was possible to see from the archive my aesthetic development. Then a new owner acquired the domain and I was not happy with the ads they put everywhere (they were sometimes really awkward and noisy) so I switched to blogspot and created this blog, which is different from the previous one. This difference was also connected with me finishing high school and going to the university where I was able to obtain my growing love for fashion, because there were suddenly no hateful gossipy people around me. Therefore I chose a niche for my blog, which was fashion and its history. I also wanted to show off a different more alternative style.
 
2. What is your biggest dream?
To have a clothing brand (I am working on it, because it is my longterm plan).
  
3. If money were no object, what would you do all day?
I would travel a lot. My ideal style of travelling is to stay at a place for a month or so, so I could really feel the atmosphere of the place. This is also a reason why I would like to have a “homeoffice” job that would allow me to work from anywhere.
 
4. What is your favorite country or place to visit and why?
Paris… do I need to explain?
  
5. Oops, you’re stranded on an island (with plenty of water & food). What three things would you want with you?
Yacht.
Pencil.
Paper.
  
6. Name a movie and/or book that you recently watched/read and can highly recommend.
I am currently reading The Queen of Fashion by Caroline Weber, a book about the style of Marie Antoinette that I really do recommend to anyone inspired by this person and rococo fashion.
I also recently saw the movie Nightcrawler that is about journalism and obtaining the shocking materials shown in the news.
  
7. What do you collect?
Fabrics and laces.
  
8. What do you do to get “zen”?
I am usually staring from window and observing nature outside, or looking at pictures of nice clothes, or listening to Vivaldi.
  
9. What is the wisest thing someone ever told you?
Hmm, I cannot recollect anything right now, sorry.
  
10. What song do you like to sing out loud?
I don´t actually have a favourite song I would sing out loud, but there are songs I remember and “hear” them in my head, for example this Vivaldi song.
  
11. If you could learn something super fast (Matrix-style), what skill would you pick?
I would pick the ability to learn a lot of foreign languages fast.

11 Random Facts

1. I recently saw Frozen and I can see myself in Olaf´s song about summer.
 
 
2. I don´t like people judging from appearance.
  
3. Every time I get a package with new fabrics I ordered I am really excited and love to imagine all the beautiful things that could be created from it.
  
4. I love the movie Midnight in Paris, which pretty much sums up my “golden age thinking”.
  
5. I would really like to learn how to do more hairstyles with my long hair, but quite lot of youtube tutorials end up badly, although I am really trying.
 
6. I like to draw and paint, but do not do it very often. I actually used to paint when I was really sad as a form of meditation.
  
7. I would like to live at Vaux-le-Vicomte if it was possible.
 
8. I would like to be successful at baking macaroons.
 
9. I like coffee, but I don´t drink it too often, maybe twice a week. I found out that this fact is shocking for many people.
 
10. My ultimate goal in costumery is to sew a robe á la francaise.
   
11. I envy foreigners that have huge costumer societies that host balls etc.


Nominations: (11)

1. American duchess
2. Bohemian Symphony
3. Chronically Vintage
4. Cupcake´s Clothes
5. Diary of a Vintage Girl
6. Festive Attyre
7. Into the Woods
8. Miss Pandora
9. Paper Mothball Vintage
10. Polka Polish
11. Turnýra

Comments

  1. Hi sweet dear, thank you very much for thinking of, and nominating, me for the Liebster award. I've had the pleasure of receiving it before, but would be happy to play along again. Just give me a while to come up with a few new facts about me that I haven't shared before. After my recent "100 questions to inspire rapid self discovery" post and and a couple of similar award post last year, plus others like them in previous years, it gets trickier and trickier to think of fresh "secrets" or little known facts about oneself to share. I always love a good challenge though, so again, will strive to respond to this lovely nomination with a post of my own a bit down the road.

    I really enjoyed reading your answers and getting to know you better, honey.

    Tons of hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input, I will get back to you as soon as possible! :3