Culottes and embroidered top

vintage, 1920s, topshop, F&F, palazzo, cullotes, personal style, heart shaped glasses, embroidery, beads, chic, elegant, fashionista, blogger, quaintrelle, georgiana quaint
photo by Y

If you have been following my Instagram for a while you have probably noticed that months ago I shared a photo of this top with bead embroidery. This was one of the very lucky finds in secondhand clothes fair. That one event felt like treasure hunting because I found a few really nice pieces. From that time I had no good luck at the same event but even if this was only one-time charm I am still very happy. This top was originally from Topshop. I was not surprised by this fact because here and there I have seen some elaborate pieces on their racks although it looks like this shop does not ship more extravagant pieces to the Czech shops - but I´m not sure if this is still truth in the present days too, in the past I would swear it is like this (unfortunatelly). I have actually heard of this behaviour of clothing chains - they are for some reason persuaded that we in the Czech Republic want only basic pieces... if they were more clever I would definitely spend more money in their shops here. But it made me learn to hunt in secondhands and vintage shops and it made me to learn how to create my own clothes. So after all I should be probably happy with this situation.
Pokud už nějakou dobu sledujete můj Instagram, před několika měsíci jste si mohli všimnout fotky tohoto topu s korálkovou výšivkou. Je to jeden z mých úlovků ze secondhandové hrabárny oblečení. Tenkrát jsem na téhle akci měla pocit, že objevuji úplné poklady, protože jsem našla několik opravdu pěkných kousků. Od té doby jsem na téhle akci neměla už takové štěstí, možná šlo o zázrak, ale i tak jsem z úlovků šťastná. Tento top je původně z Topshopu, což mě vůbec nepřekvapilo, protože občas tam vidím opravdu skvělé propracované kousky, i když se mi zdá, že do českých obchodů moc extravagantnějších věcí nedodávají - ale nevím, jak je tomu teď, v minulosti mi to tak ale (bohužel) připadalo. O této taktice řetězců jsem již slyšela - domnívají se, že v ČR chceme jen obyčejnější základní kusy oblečení... kdyby byli chytřejší, určitě bych u nich dávno utrácela mnohem víc. Ale zas mě to naučilo procházet ssecondhandy a vintage obchody a taky se naučit šít vlastní věci. Takže nakonec bych s tím vlastně měla být spokojená.

I would like to point out the sandals that look like they are not even there. They are older than me, worn by my mother when she was in my age. I love them a lot, they look like  I have bare feet, which looks especially cool when I have golden nail enamel on my toes. I started to crave for gold nail enamel after I read a book about ancient Rome at the time of Nero and Petronius and there was a scene where Petronius was complimenting Poppaea her manicure - golden nails, which got somehow stuck in my brain and in the following days I went for a hunt in drugstores to find the perfect one. The one I am using is from Essence, it has tons of tiny golden dots in it and when the sun hits my nails they literally shine.
Ráda bych poukázala na sandály, co mám na nohou, vypadají, že tam ani nejsou. Jsou starší než já, nosívala je už moje mami, když byla v mém věku. Mám je dost ráda, vypadají, jako bych chodila bosky, což vypadá zvláště dobře, když mám zlatě nalakované nehty na nohou. Po zlatém laku na nehty jsem začala toužit v době, kdy jsem četla příběh zasazený do starověkého Říma v době Nera a Petronia a  scéna, kdy Petronius chválil Poppaeinu manikůru - měla zlaté nehty, se mi obzvláště vryla do paměti a tak jsem následující dny procházela drogerie a hledala perfektní zlatý lak na nehty. Ten, co mám, je od Essence, má v sobě přemnoho zlatých teček a když na mé nehty dopadne slunce, doslova září.

vintage, 1920s, topshop, F&F, palazzo, cullotes, personal style, heart shaped glasses, embroidery, beads, chic, elegant, fashionista, blogger, quaintrelle, georgiana quaint
photo by Y
| top: secondhand (Topshop) | pants: F&F | sandals: vintage |

vintage, 1920s, topshop, F&F, palazzo, cullotes, personal style, heart shaped glasses, embroidery, beads, chic, elegant, fashionista, blogger, quaintrelle, georgiana quaint
photo by Y

vintage, 1920s, topshop, F&F, palazzo, cullotes, personal style, heart shaped glasses, embroidery, beads, chic, elegant, fashionista, blogger, quaintrelle, georgiana quaint
photo by Y

Comments