#17 Let´s try not to...

...be so harsh on yourself.  This advice will be for fellow artists, writers whoever does something creative but feels like they are not good enough yet to go public with what you do. I agree that it is needed to study something or practice something before you "go out" but do not let this period of "being an apprentice" be too long. It might easily happen to you that you will never feel confident enough to show others what you do. Going public with something you enjoy can also be a valuable lesson for you that can make you even better in what you do. Constructive criticism can help you develop your skills and mere practicing what you do will make you better in it. So do not be afraid to share with the others, after all it is us who is the worse nitpicking critic who is holding us back.
Zkusme...
... na sebe nebýt tak přísní. Tato rada je zejména pro umělce, spisovatele a obecně lidi, kteří dělají něco kreativního, avšak mají pocit, že nejsou dost dobří, aby to sdíleli veřejně. Souhlasím, že je třeba si věc předem nějak prostudovat a procvičit než se s ní začnete chlubit, avšak nedovolte, aby toto "učňovské období" bylo příliš dlouhé. Může se vám snadno stát, že nikdy nebudete dostatečně sebevědomí, abyste svá díla ukázali ostatním. Zveřejněním svých děl se však můžete naučit mnohé a můžete se rychle zlepšit. Ponaučte se z konstruktivních kritik a tvořte dál, protože praxí se budete též rachle zlepšovat. Nebojte se tedy své výtvory sdílet, konec konců, tím nejkritičtějším kritikem jsme většinou my sami.

Comments

  1. Yes, sometimes it easier than done... and once you do it, you realize why you didn't do it sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great words of wisdom here, I absolutely love the picture of the bike, its gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the bike too, the person who owns it must be very creative :)

      Delete
  3. I love the bike!! What a great picture, and so true too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wise words! You're always your own worst critic, sometimes it can be hard to get out of that! Gives me something to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we often see more faults in our work than others do. Lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I find it hard to overcome my perfectionism to get things done.

      Delete
  6. Wise words! I'll try to remember... Kx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good advice. I regularly put my poetry out there and try not to think about it too hard x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we are far too quick to judge ourselves harshly & not believe in ourselves.
    We are sometimes our own worst enemies, you are completely right though we definately need to stop being so harsh. We would probably succeed a lot more if we believed in ourselves x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such wise words but for me, I am VERY hard on myself! I lack self confidence and belief, it's something I am really working on and blogging has helped that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this advice! I'm often very hard on myself but in recent years I've learned to take it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't tend to believe in myself enough and care too much about what others think. I have more recently tried not to do this and believe in myself more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree. I have learnt more blogging and vlogging 'on the job' so to speak than I would have done looking and studying it if that makes sense? Everyone has to learn so we have to be confident in what we do and enjoy it - that makes the best content x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great advice. I think I'm always very hard on myself and need to take it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to listen to your very wise statement i am often feeling like I'm not good enough and pile on the pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is so easy to be your own critic, most of the time without you even realising it! Thank you for reminding us not to be!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input, I will get back to you as soon as possible! :3